SAMPE NORTH AMERICA TECHNICAL COMMUNITY PLATFORM WILL FACILITATE YEAR-ROUND COLLABORATION
Tuesday, January 26, 2021, DIAMOND BAR, CA –The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) leadership team is accelerating development of its technical community platform. The new virtual offering, tentatively scheduled for a Spring launch, will focus on the specific needs of scientists, engineers, academicians, technical teams, suppliers and manufacturers in the global advanced materials and process industries.
Plans for the creation of a technical community platform were first unveiled in an announcement about the future of the 2021 SAMPE Conference & Exhibition, which was scheduled for May 24-27 in Long Beach, California.
“The cancellation of our 2021 event has been the catalyst for the formation of this new technical community platform. However, the platform is more than just an attempt to translate the in-person SAMPE Conference & Exhibition experience to a virtual environment; it will transform the way we interact all year-round,” said Tim Shaughnessy, President, SAMPE North America. “We’re developing it in such a way that it will meet our community’s immediate needs and serve as a vital resource for years to come. By providing opportunities for partnership and knowledge exchange 365 days a year, the platform will amplify SAMPE’s global community and enhance our ability to solve the world’s materials and manufacturing issues.”
For scientists, engineers, academicians and technical teams, the platform will serve as a focused online community forum that facilitates collaboration across all fields of endeavor. Features will include:
• a robust library of live-stream and on-demand content
• access to new and existing research, education and solutions across industries
• social networking that connects chapters, industry groups and partners all over the world
• an infrastructure for presenting findings through hosted meetings and events
For manufacturers and suppliers, this new offering will provide:
• nontraditional, highly targeted digital advertising options
• opportunities to engage in one-on-one technical conversations with existing customers and vetted peers
• a showcase for products and services
• detailed analytics, demographics and firmographics on key groups